By Mike Westerdal
Every day, millions of people have a hard time exercising because of shoulder, knee, back and elbow pain.
What most people — and even most doctors — don’t know is that one of the major causes of pain is actually… food.
Here’s what you should focus on removing from your diet if you want to double your recovery process and get pain-free faster than with just pills:
1) Sugar. This one is obvious. Nothing damages your body like sugar.
The medical community is starting to agree on the fact that chronic inflammation often starts in your gut, the biggest part of your immune system, and sugar wreaks havoc.
2) Alcohol. I also like my Friday night drinks, but keep in mind that beer or any other alcoholic beverage damages your gut flora and liver when consumed in excess.
One or two drinks a day is typically fine for most people (and wine is generally the healthiest choice), but too much more than that can do more damage than good.
3) Grains. Refined or not, grains are inflammatory. That’s even worse if you’re gluten-sensitive, like 10-15 % (depending on the sources) of the world’s population.
The phytic acid and lecithins in grains are a problem for most people, even without allergies or intolerance.
4) Refined vegetable oil. Canola, soy, safflower, corn, sunflower, you name it.
Even though these oils are advertised as healthy and trans-fat free, turns out the heavy refining which they go through destroy the healthy fats and turn them into highly inflammatory by-products.
5) Pasteurized dairy. 75% of the world’s population is intolerant to lactose.
That’s because the pasteurisation process destroys the healthy bacteria and enzymes in raw milk, and make this popular beverage very hard to digest.
And some people are sensitive to the casein in dairy too. However, note that butter can still be enjoyed by most people since it has nothing more than traces of lactose and casein.
In my experience, most people feel like a million bucks when drinking less pasteurized milk or ditching it fully. You can still enjoy some dairy because Kefer (type of fermented milk) is actually
99% lactose-free due to the microbes that consume the lactose during fermentation.
These are just some of the inflammatory foods most people are consuming on a daily basis.
But there are also a ton of superfoods that can REDUCE your pain and help you heal your joints…
So if you suffer from any kind of joint or muscle pain, then make sure you check out the best resource on the subject: